Thursday, June 24, 2010

St. George and Zion's



This last week Tyler FINALLY got a week off. He completed his orientation (good job babe) and it was time to get him away from Vernal. We decided to take a trip to St. George and celebrate his Birthday while we were there since he would be back to work for it. Although nothing went as planned we had a blast. We were originally going to go to Vegas to ride the New York New York roller coaster and play the quarterback challenge at ESPN Zone. Lucky for us (not really) they were both closed. It was too windy to run the roller coaster and who knows about ESPN Zone, but Tyler got lucky there cause I usually kick his butt in the quarter back challenge (ok...maybe not). The trip down was a great one. We can make any situation fun, that's part of the reason I love being with my sweetheart so much.
We spent quite a bit of time at the pool which is something I feel you cannot do too much. Saturday morning when we went to go lay out though, there were a ton of kids there and we didn't really want all the commotion around, so we decided to go for a hike. Zion's of course is the best option around when you are in St. George and I couldn't wait to go. I grew up going to Zion's frequently, but haven't been in at least 10 years. We decided to do the Angel's Landing hike which was beautiful. I have to admit, it was a little challenging for me, I hate heights and was quite timid once we reached the section with the chain, but I am grateful it was there. Once we got to the top though, the whole thing is worth it. It is an absolutely phenomenal view. What a reward!

The hike only took us 2 hours which surprised me since the brochure says the average time is 4 hours, so we had plenty of time to go back to the condo and relax and grab a delicious dinner from Texas Roadhouse. That restaurant never lets me down.
All in all, it was a great trip. I hope my sweetheart enjoyed his "not official Birthday, Birthday celebration."
When we got back I had a day off in between work and coming back out to Vernal, so Tyler decided we should go Mountain Biking. I don't know if it should be called Mountain Biking, or hiking with bikes. It was quite the adventure. I road bike and it is such a different feeling from what I am used to. To me the shox make it feel like the tires are flat. I did a really good job at scaring Tyler by letting out a random scream when he couldn't see me. We went on some old trails as well that haven't been ridden in a long, long time so we had a couple of fences to jump and a lot of walking the bikes, but honestly, I can't wait to go again.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you updated your blog. Sounds like things are going well for you. And yeah for having nights off!!! What do you do with your evenings now?

    the hikeing looks so fun! I miss it so much {and so do the boys} {well maybe not at this very moment as walking is hard everyday, but in general :) }

    I'm due on Monday and getting excited to be un pregnant.

    love you!!!

    ReplyDelete