Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Amazing Man

I have the most amazing man in the world. I am treated like a princess constantly and shown love unconditionally. This last May was 1 year since I met my sweetheart and I love all the experiences that we have had together...the good and bad. May was also a big month for Tyler. He graduated from Dixie State and I was so proud to watch him walk and to see all that he has accomplished. No, it's probably not the end of the education he will receive, but I am so proud of what he has accomplished at this point.
Our outing to get to the graduation was not easy, but it was so fun. Tyler had been working in Vernal for a couple weeks when the weekend of his graduation arrived. I drove out to Vernal so that we could drive to St. George together. We planned to live Thursday evening when Tyler got out of work so we would have time to hang out and relax before his graduation Friday night. Well, as we all know plans never go as expected. I picked Tyler up from work with the car loaded, tank full of gas and snacks prepared. We weren't even five miles out of Vernal when my car started to make a very nice thudding sound underneath. We pulled over to see if I was dragging something (my car is very low). There was nothing to be found, other than the tread that had come off my tire completely. So, we decided to head back into Vernal to get a new tire, only to find that my tire is a very uncommon size and no one in Vernal had it in stock (thank you to the wonderful Wal*Mart lady who called every tire shop). Well, we decided to make do and head out anyways. We would change our plans and drive slowly and carefully into Orem and get a new tire in the morning. So much for making another plan....the next attempt out of Vernal we made about ten miles out only for my passenger tire to blow out completely. Good times! Thank goodness for roadside assistance. After about an hour of waiting and lots of phone calls made telling family members we may not make it down the tow truck finally showed up.
After the short adventured that had already occurred, we found out that not only did Vernal not have my tire size, but the don't have a car rental place either (if anyone wants to open one up out there, I bet they would do well). I have to admit, I was bummed. I was excited for a weekend away with my sweetheart as well as the chance to watch him graduate. Well, turns out there's a good thing for acquaintances. Tyler's Grandpa had a friend that happened to live in the next town over that was willing to let us take his extra truck to St. George for the weekend. This is when the real adventure begins. This was no ordinary truck. This thing was a monster. It was a 2003 Dodge Ram (dually...six wheels, and six speed manual) with over 550,00 miles on it. I wasn't worried about the tires blowing this time, I was worried about the engine crashing. Turns out, I loved the truck. I couldn't wait to get into the drivers seat and test it out. Even with all the stress that my car caused, it was the best road trip I have ever had. What it comes down to is Tyler is just a fun guy to always be around.
We finally got to St. George about 4:00 a.m. Friday morning, which exhausted us for the whole weekend. The graduation was great though, and I am so grateful for everyone that came to support him. He is worth the celebration. The rest of the weekend we just relaxed and hung out at the pool and hunted down tires of the size I needed. We ended up having to go up a size if we wanted tires at all.
All in all, it was a great weekend. I couldn't have asked for a better time.




Thanks Kelsey for the pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment